Training and education within Surf Life Saving provides members with the skills and knowledge to assist in emergency situations not only whilst on patrol, but also in their day-to-day lives. Our training and awards offer opportunities for our volunteer members to gain paid employment.
Surf Life Saving Mid North Coast’s exceptional Education Team is made up of Trainers, Assessors and Facilitators from all eight clubs within the Branch. This committed team of volunteers deliver training and education for our members.
Surf Life Saving New South Wales are a Registered Training Organisation, which provide nationally recognised awards. Our Education Team are trained to the highest standard and follow the Training and Assessment Standard Operating Procedures outlined by Surf Life Saving New South Wales, always upholding compliance under the VET Quality Framework.
Education courses that are delivered in the Surf Life Saving Mid North Coast Branch include:
- Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC)
- Bronze Medallion/Cert II in Public Safety Aquatic Rescue (BM)
- Resuscitation Certificate
- Radio Operator Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Advance Resuscitation Techniques (ART)
- Inflatable Rescue Boat Crew (IRBC)
- Silver Medallion – Inflatable Rescue Boat Driver (IRBD)
- Silver Medallion – Aquatic Rescue (SMAR)
- Silver Medallion – Beach Management (SMBM)
- Silver Medallion – Advanced First Aid
- Training Officer
For more information regarding training and education please go to Surf Life Saving New South Wales.